We have had more sickness in our house than I care to think about. I am not exaggerating when I say we've left the house maybe 5 times in the last month! Please tell me Spring is coming soon!
So, something that makes me happy -

My first set of oven mitts are done! They were fun to do, a little tricky but a satisfying project. A bonus- They really work! I tried them! My digits were cozy and safe!
At first they looked like this - blurry and boring.

So I decided to add a little embellishment to spice it up a little. The flower is a little big for the size of the mitt but I think it worked out.

Oh, and don't forget the trivet! I actually didn't know these were called trivets until I got this pattern. I thought it was just another hot pad!
After felting, I had a really hard time blocking this into an actual square. Looks a little off, doesn't it? Oh, well.These mitts are resting nicely in someone else's kitchen. Hope her fingers stay happy and safe!
Next pair are going to be for my mother-in-law! At her house on Monday I burned my hand three times during one Papa Murphy's pizza baking. Ridiculous! Pair after that? MINE!
Notes to self:
Medium
10 1/2 DPN
CC: 9 rows

7 comments:
You are SO crafty! I wish I was that crafty! Where do you come up with these cute ideas?
Those turned out so cute!
My kitchen is so happy for the new addition!
BTW, thanks for always being willing to answer my knitting questions! You're that lady in the neighborhood who knows all the answers. . .
Those are so darling!
How do you felt something? Dumb question I know, but I love the look and have no idea how. These are fabulous! I want a pair!
Those are awesome! I'm so impressed. More snow is coming, can you make me some before spring?
Are they knitted? SO CUTE! Love the bow!
Post a Comment