1. I love Halloween but by the time it's over I sometimes feel like it took as much energy as Christmas! Gator and I got to go to a Halloween party -- it's been years since we've been to a no kids Halloween party -- and it was fun to be with friends dressed like a bunch of goons. I had my soup/cookie party, Ella's preschool program, the annual Short Family Spooktacular, and 20 pumpkins to carve ... it was a lot of work!
Short Family Spooktacular. Spooky, huh?
Heading out for the goods.
Ella at her preschool program.
2. My cute neighbor H. took pity on Jack and brought over some boy pj's. They are red and have ferocious dinosaurs tearing off each other's limbs--- very boy! She also got nervous about the fact that Jack might be wearing a pink puff coat this winter and sent over a coat that Jack won't be embarrassed about! Thanks H.! 3. I can't tell you how glad I am that this election is over tonight! It gets a little rough when you're married to a political junkie!
4. Whoever came up with Daylight Savings Time needs to have their eyebrows plucked out one hair at a time. The word is that you're supposed to be getting an extra hour of sleep but amazingly that doesn't quite work out at my house. I'm actually getting less sleep! If I get to bed at 11, that's really 12 body time. My kids certainly aren't sleeping in an hour longer so when I roll over and see a big 5 on my clock instead of a 6, that doesn't really work for me. I guess if I look on the bright side of things, I get to have 1 extra hour with my kids during the day .... anyone who knows me knows how thrilled I am about that!

5. Do any of you watch this show? Gator thinks it's hilarious. It freaks me out.
7. I did 8 loads of laundry today and I'm still not done. Blast this laundry!!!
8. I also made a real dinner for 3 nights in a row ... that is absolutely a record for me! I might need a break tomorrow night.
9. I've got a crappy day coming up on Friday. I may blog about it, I may not. Let's just say it's a crap deal that's costing us a lot of money. Boo for Friday!




12 comments:
Ahhh....Ute Sunday is fast approaching. Reminds me I need to load up on the spray paint!
Oh, you are so refreshing! I just love it! I LOVE number 4! Amen Sistah!
Good luck on Friday. Details?
At first glance I thought I was reading Jessica's blog. My first thought was why does Jessica have a picture of Lacy on her blog?? "-)
I'm so with you on Daylight Savings. Argh! It always screws things up for a good long time.
Good luck on Friday.
I love this whole post! Who is the clown?? I must know. Very spooky.
That clown would be my mom!
You guys look great in your costumes! I'm glad Jack finally got some boy duds. And I am totally with you on Daylight Savings. It completely screwed my kids up. Clowns are freaky...even if it is your mom! Hope you survived your laundry...that's a lot of loads. And I don't know if I've ever made dinner 3 nights in a row.
Happy November to you, too!
Sorry it's a bad day today. Hope things turn out okay and the rest of your November is awesome. My husband and girls love AFV! That clown is pretty freaky
nuh, uh! THat is your mom?!?!? Lacey, I stop over at your blog every once in a while and every time I do. I come away laughing. You are, well, hilarious. Keep it up.
Your blogs crack me up. I am seriously choking on my apple as I write this. I am totally with you on daylight savings. It is cruel and unusual punishment for parents. Glad I found your blog.
The picture of Jack chewing the tail is awesome!
Ok. That entry (you know what I"m talking about) made me laugh right out loud! :)
Post a Comment