Monday, October 27, 2008

Six for Sunday ... or whatever

So guess what? Five for Friday doesn't really work for me. I was trying to get it mostly done on Thursday night and then finish and post after running Friday morning. A couple things have caused conflicts. First, Thursday night is when I watch TV. So until they start showing reruns, that won't work. Second, I stopped running in the mornings. It's too flipping cold and too flipping dark and I'm too flipping lazy. So until my kids start sleeping in (hahaha! hohoho!) I don't have any alone time to finish my post until later. By that time, I don't want to do it. Make sense? So I'll be trying Six for Sunday ... or something like that.

1. I voted today. For me, it's over! I refuse to read anything political, listen to anything political or talk about anything political. I was pleased to find that they asked for my ID but was disappointed to find out they only do that for early voting. What's the deal?



2. Ella came home from preschool this morning with some new words. She is adding "blah blah" after her sentences. For example here are some things that have come out of her mouth today-
"I can do whatever I want blah blah."

"Sam always thinks he's a Jedi blah blah."

"Dang it! Blah blah." (actually sounds like "Dane it blah blah.")

"Jackie's breath stinks blah blah!"

"Daddy said it, not me blah blah."

It's driving me crazy and I don't think she realizes she's doing it. Let's hope she forgets about it by morning!

3. Finders keepers? This bike has been sitting on my front porch for the last few days. It's a lovely pink and purple Schwinn, great condition, that I'm sure Ella would love to have. How long do I have to display it in my front yard before it becomes mine (or Ella's in this case)?


4. Poor Jack. Because we had a girl first, he gets the short stick on a few things. The cold nights hit and I wasn't prepared. Jack doesn't have any warm jammies so I have pulled out Ella's until I buy boy ones. That was at least a month ago and he is still stuck in pink . Sadly this is the case for snow hats and gloves and snow pants. Hopefully people will assume Ella has a friend over when they see the tiny pink marshmallow playing in the snow!


5. Crush the grapes! Remember that movie Walk in the Clouds? I had this crush on Keanu (who might actually be the worst actor ever playing in possibly the worst movie ever) and couldn't wait to see it. Too bad my experience was disasterous as I ended being in the same theater with my boyfriend (who wasn't my boyfriend yet but who I desperately wanted) with his girlfriend (who I later took the place of) fighting back tears because I had to watch the most romantic movie ever while watching my future love-man cuddle up next to some wench (who I later became good friends with. Confusing, I know). Anyway, over the weekend Gator and I got to have our own Keanu/butterfly wings moments when we visited the Gatherum family vineyard to make grape juice. It was an experience although not nearly as romantic.Here is some of the family picking grapes. There on the right is Mr. Gatherum himself, owner and President of the Gatherum Vineyard.

Jack ate at least 5 lbs. of grapes. He's had slight gastrointestinal issue the last day and a half but I think it will be better by tomorrow.

6. Last week a little boy in our neighborhood died unexpectedly. He was around Ella's age and I have had a really hard time dealing with it. This weekend was exhausting with the viewing and funeral but I couldn't help but love my kids even more. I have a lot to be thankful for.


*Pay It Forward winner ..... Jessica Rawson! As soon as I get my act together I'll get a you a little surprise!! Bet you can't wait!

8 comments:

JoAnna said...

Five for friday, six for sunday, seven for monday, blah blah! Just do it whenever and know that I, for one, LOVE reading your posts!

Valerie said...

That blah, blah thing is hilarious. It reminds me of the yada yada from Seinfeld. Ben is in to saying dude. I really didn't think I would get this until the kids were teenagers.

Anna said...

I am going to start using the word "wench" again.

Jessica said...

Wahoo, I'm a winner blah blah!

KC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KC said...

I know I live far away, but I am willing to drive up just to let you borrow some BOY pj's for poor Jack! Will you teach me how to make grape juice, I had out of control grapes this year and didn't know what to do! I need your help Mrs. Domestic! :)
Kari

Suzanne said...

I was laughing so hard about Jack! Mostly because he looks so happy wearing pink pj's! And I love the image of Ella and her "friend" playing in the snow. Having two boys in a row was a blessing for me, because otherwise I would be doing the same thing!

So, did you keep the bike??

Kristy said...

Oh I say the bike is yours for sure after this long! Finders keeper blah blah! Walk in the Clouds drama, I love it.