My trip to Primary Children's Hospital with Jack yesterday turned out surprisingly well and took about half as long as I expected ... for those of you who have had to go there know that basically it means to plan on a 13 hour appointment. After testing and monitoring, the news was good. The doctor thinks Jack has grown out of his heart issue and I don't have to give him medication anymore! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! No more 2 a.m. craziness (as far as the medicine goes, anyway)! However, just to be sure, they sent Jack home hooked up to another monitor that he has to wear for 24 hours. I can rip those darned stickers off his soft, baby skin in 17 minutes! Hopefully there won't be any funny business on this monitor reading and we won't have to worry about his heart for a couple of years! Whew! What a relief!Friday, December 21, 2007
A spoonful of sugar ...
My trip to Primary Children's Hospital with Jack yesterday turned out surprisingly well and took about half as long as I expected ... for those of you who have had to go there know that basically it means to plan on a 13 hour appointment. After testing and monitoring, the news was good. The doctor thinks Jack has grown out of his heart issue and I don't have to give him medication anymore! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! No more 2 a.m. craziness (as far as the medicine goes, anyway)! However, just to be sure, they sent Jack home hooked up to another monitor that he has to wear for 24 hours. I can rip those darned stickers off his soft, baby skin in 17 minutes! Hopefully there won't be any funny business on this monitor reading and we won't have to worry about his heart for a couple of years! Whew! What a relief!
Posted by
Lacey
at
12:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
YIPPEE!! What a relief! I can't believe you've had to be waking him up at 2am every night! Crazy!
good luck! that's really upsetting when your own kids have medical issues....13 hours? i'd go crazy!
Great news! That's a great Christmas present.
Post a Comment