I've been fiddling around with a few ideas on how to make me a better blogger. Obviously, consistency isn't one of my strong areas. A friend of mine does a Ten for Tuesday post regularly (well, mostly) and I love the anticipation. I've decided to head in the same direction ...only I'm not saying mine will be anything worth anticipating. That would be a little big-headed of me. Oh, and Ten for Tuesday is way too much pressure. I'm settling on Five for Friday. I'm pretty sure I can think of five things to say (ha! ha! ho! ho! I can picture those who know me clutching their middles, heaving with laughter at the absurdity of that statement!). I haven't written anything substantial or inspirational so far and I probably won't start now. Humorous? Depends on my mood ...


2. Speaking of peppers, I haven't had one these bad boys in 4 days ... except for that teensy slip yesterday, but baby steps, baby steps ... Even crack addicts can't stop cold turkey, can they? My shakes are setting in, I have had a constant headache and I honestly don't know why I'm doing this to myself. Really, Diet Dr. Pepper? I like it, I look forward to it, it's not hurting me, it makes me feel better .... Oh geez, hand me the crack!

4. I'm an opinionated person. Gasp! I usually don't have a problem letting people know where I stand on things. However, when it comes to politics, I usually keep my mouth shut. The argument usually isn't worth the effort. But, I'm going to leak something -- Palin. I like her. WHAT?! Booo! Hisss! I can hear feel all your nerve endings starting to sizzle! So, before you get your unders all wadded up, relax. I didn't say I would vote for her party ... didn't say I wouldn't ... but I like her. And I like her shoes. While I'm on the subject (probably the last time I'll ever be on this subject), a few fellas that I'm not so sure about ...


5. On a lighter note, Fall is in the air. I can smell it, I can feel it. My absolute favorite time of year! My kids are darling in their jeans and sweatshirts!Happy Friday, everybody!

14 comments:
i'm a fan already. see you next friday!
Loved it! Keep them coming.
You are so funny. Love it, and I have to agree with you on the weenie thing.
Loved it and I pretty sure I would love hearing you talk politics if you ever decided to go there. Can't wait for you to post some of those gardening secrets swo we can all have peppers like yours.
I can borrow your book?
Oh Lacey,
I miss you!!! I miss fall, I miss fresh garden goodies, I miss reading fiction, I don't miss politics!!!!, but I miss you love Gayla oh excuse me (Sister Dowdle)
sorry I had to add: I really miss my diet Dr. It was to important to forget to mention.!!!
glad to see you back. Love the idea for fridays.
Lacey you crack me up! What's your secret on the peppers? None of my peppers made it past infancy, now my zuccihni's are another story. I have those coming out the wazzu, whatever that is, so if you need some zucchini because you're all peppered out let me know.
Love it, Lacey! I laughed out loud when I scrolled down and saw Ronald McD.
I think you should do NaBloPoMo (http://www.nablopomo.com/). If you do it - I'll do it. Let's make a pact.
Cute blog- glad to have something to look forward too.
Yay for Fridays! Funny thing. . . I just Ronald McDonald on Friday and thought "How creepy."
Lace, now I have Friday Five anticipation!
Post a Comment