Friday, September 26, 2008

Five for Friday

*If you are reading this on Google Reader, not sure why, but it is screwed up!
1. Tuesday night I went to the So You Think You Can Dance tour show! Amazing! We had great seats and could see sweat, teeth and bum cheeks! They better make it to Salt Lake every year!

2. A couple of years ago I learned to knit. I stopped because I wasn't any good at it. Recently, I picked my needles back up and started another scarf. I still am not any good at it. My biggest problem with knitting is that I don't know how to fix mistakes. I rented a video and checked out a book and still, I can't figure it out. See these three loops on the needle? They aren't supposed to be there. I'm not sure how they got there and I'm not sure how to get them off. People actually say knitting is relaxing!

3. Since the day he was born, I have struggled with Jack. He's the cutest darn kid and is actually very funny, but his funny and happy moments are pretty rare. He wants to be held or be outside. Otherwise, he whines ... a constant, non-stop whine. I haven't been handling his grumpiness very well. I'm not really sure how to deal with it. I'm actually thinking about getting some earplugs...This is what follows me around ALL DAY.

I know I shouldn't complain, I know other's have harder kids but really, Jack's noise sends me over the edge!


4. Jack in one of his rare cute moments. We went on Ella's field trip to the park and the kids got to feed the ducks. Jack loved it!
5. Please, PLEASE, tell me these aren't coming back in style!!!

6. People have said I'm domestic. Hmm. I'm not sure if that's good or bad thing. I've been thinking a lot about this and have a few thoughts. Maybe for another time. ...

7. COMING SOON! A few weeks ago I was the lucky recipient of a PAY IT FORWARD. As soon as I find something fun and cute, I'm giving it away!

6 comments:

Heather and Eric said...

I agree with you on the whole pants thing.. gross!!! Jack is funny

Jessica said...

The show was awesome! I'm so glad I had someone fun to go with. BTW, my knitting skills are far from relaxation level. I'm not sure if I'll keep up with it long enough to get there.

Eric said...

Don't be so hard on my little buddy.

Jessica Potter said...

I can't wait to hear about the pay it forward. Jack- he is a sweet little man.. I hate it with Roman whines at me like that- but I am not sure how you are handeling it all day with Jack- Lets go to the spa.

Suzanne said...

Another lovely rendition of five for Friday...glad you threw in a couple of extras! I hope I didn't offend you with my domestic comment...I am honestly and truly impressed with your skills! I wish I was a better homemaker...I pretty much just hang out at home and try not to abuse my children.

Kelli said...

You're hilarious. I love reading your blog. Cute Jack and remember it won't last forever...but it seems like it most days.