Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hey Bird!

We are home from our vacation. We had a great time but we're exhausted. My legs still hurt and my kids are completely out of whack. I'm ready for Maui ... by myself ... maybe with Gator ... and a tall cool one. *sigh* Someday. More on our trip later. What we did come home to (besides a filthy house and laundry up to our armpits) was this -- Well, not the nest. That was there when we left. The birds have hatched! Teensy baby birds are cheep cheeping their teeny tiny guts out! Mama and Daddy bird must be so proud! They spend their day searching my grass for worms and when it's meal time, the little fluffs wake up and go bonkers! Their little voices are so cute!
Oh, Mama ... or Daddy ... such good little providers!

2 comments:

Anna said...

We have a bird nest in our tree and I love it. We check on them daily. Isn't it so much fun?

I'm also reading "An Assembly Such as This". Thoughts? I may not be able to finish it...yawn...

Amy said...

We had birds building a nest under the eaves of our roof and I swear they were going to scratch through and get into the house so we bribed Bob to get up there on a massive ladder and pull the nest out and nail the whole shut. Bob will do anything for chocolate chip cookies:) Now the birds are mad and just keep pooping all over the deck in retaliation, darn those birds!