Monday, July 20, 2009

dear readers,

Remember when I said I was going to blog more? Well, I am. Just not yet. Over the last couple of months I have been quite concerned over the loss of my cleverness and humor ... which wasn't much to begin with, so yes indeed, I've been concerned. But, I've finally figured it out what my problem is, why I can't blog, why I can't crack a joke -- ok, when I typed joke I actually typed jock and that totally made me laugh! Back to the point. I've figured it out. I'm EXHAUSTED! I like to talk about how tired I am. I'm very aware of that. But this time I'm serious. My point of exhaustion is a step below having a baby (nothing can be that tiring). Last week I fell asleep on the floor right after changing a diaper -- just decided to rest my back a bit and woke up 1/2 hour later to a Barney seranade. Today I woke up 1 1/2 hours later, in the middle of my living room amidst the piles of laundry I was folding. Normal? No.

Triathlon training is not all it's cracked up to be. Sure, it's been fun. Sure, I feel stronger. But the "agressive" training schedule I so unsmartly picked is sucking it right out of me. 2 weeks ... maybe 3, not quite sure ... is all I have left. A couple more weeks to suck it up. Then, I can get back to normal. Then, I can have a little bit more energy, Then, I can stop falling asleep in the middle of my daily duties while my kids run like crazed monkeys through the streets. Right? Please tell me this is so!

In the mean time, I'll be hoofing it down the roads, dreaming of the day I can sleep till 7. Any maybe, just maybe, I'll throw in a post or two.

Oh, and I'll be doing some stretches. Just like this one.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hah! That cracks me up thinking about you asleep in a pile of laundry! You are so inspiring! Way to go for setting a goal and going for it! Good luck.

BTW, those leg warmers are hot. I think you need to make yourself a pair.

Amy said...

You're amazing! Be sure to call me when you're don with this triatholon and we'll go celebrate your greatness over some ice cream! You're almost there:)

Anna said...

Let's hope you have some of those leg warmers. No, really, I kind of love them. Well, if I had a body like that.

The Schaff Family said...

Keep it up girl, you are just way more dedicated than the rest of us. I sleep in my laundry without worries! I have no "normal" to return to at this point in my life!