Back in May, during Ella's birthday, we decided to surprise the kids with a trip to Disneyland. Ella has been begging to go for the last year and has been saving every penny so she can help pay for the trip. We knew she'd be so excited! We didn't tell them where we were going, said we had some errands to do, and just drove until we made it to St. George -- where we learned Jack throws up when enclosed in small spaces. Like elevators. Ella thought the surprise was to sleep and swim at the hotel and was sorely disappointed to have to get in the car and drive even more. Luckily, the kids were really great. No major meltdowns ... except for me. I hate long car rides!
We stayed right across the street from the entrance - perfect for our trip. Ella kept commenting on all the Mickey Mouse stuff and the fun music but could still not figure what we were doing. We made it all the way through the ticket entrance until she started to get the idea. Even then we still had to tell her. Her response was quite disappointing. I guess it took her a little while to realize exactly where she was but once it sunk in she was thrilled!
When it was time to come home, Ella, Jack and I hopped on an airplane and flew home while Gator drove the car back. Sure beats the heck out of a 11 hour drive!

3 comments:
I can not believe you waited until you got there to tell her. I would have been too excited.
Can't beat the picture of Jack and Ella holding hands... and Jack's signature binky pose.
I love Ella's smile. I bet it was worth the trip to see how happy it made your kids.
Post a Comment