We have never had a family picture taken. You know a real, effort-made, photographer taken, hang on your wall family picture.
Wait, I'm remembering a photo session taken a couple years ... Jack was just born ... .ugly hair ... tired and sweaty ..... That's right . We did have a family picture taken. But it doesn't count. It was a "whole family in town, better have a picture taken" moment that a) I didn't really make an effort for and b) didn't really WANT to make an effort for. Besides, there's no photo hanging on my wall to prove it. Therefore, it must not have happened.
Knowingly having my picture taken makes me sick. Honest to goodness, pit in my stomach sick. So much pressure, self-awareness .... money, time, energy .... Add in three more people to coordinate clothing, colors, hair and smiles with and I am one freaky, sweaty mess.
BUT, I bit the bullet, purchased some extra-strength deodorant and made an appointment with my beautiful, photographer-friend, Allison. She's amazing, hilarious and could kick my butt in 3 seconds flat. Absolutely love her.
A sample:
I am so happy with these pictures! So happy, in fact, that I started to cry when I saw them. What a RELIEF!! Our Christmas cards will be displaying these pictures for the next 5 years because we aren't doing this again any time soon.






6 comments:
They look so good! Allison did great and you guys are all so dang good looking!
Beautiful family pictures. You still make me laugh, however. My address is P.O. Box 9731, SLC, 84109. I'm looking forward to a family pix.
the turned out great! where were these taken?
I love them! I'm happy they turned out for you. These are definitely hang on your wall forever pictures!
LOVE your pics! So darling. Jack looks so sweet and innocent! The one of you and Gator made me laugh so hard. You guys are great. Love that sweet Ella. Total success!
Cute family. I can't believe how big jack is! I think the last time I saw you guys was at the soccer game last year? Or two years ago? Cute pics!
Post a Comment