Sunday, March 20, 2011

The One and Only E

Our family has entered a new phase.  Something new.  Something intense. Something uniquely crazy.

Dance Competition.
We experienced E's first competition yesterday and I've already learned, or at least realized, a few things for the next one:

*Groups of screaming girls will always overwhelm me.  And hurt my ears.
*Dress light and comfortable.  Between costume changes, make-up applications, pinning, sewing, fixing, anxiety, lugging baggage, snacks, stress, cheering, screaming girls (see above)....etc., I will be a sweaty mess!
*A bag that requires a check-list to pack is guaranteed to stress me out.
*Keeping track of all the knick-knacks of multiple costumes is guaranteed to stress me out.
*I will never be ashamed of being the mama who screams and hollers for her girl on stage. E pretends to be embarassed.  I wouldn't really care if she was.  
*Some form of caffeine is a must!  Exhausting, I tell ya!  
*I get weepy when E dances.  It's nerdy.  It's embarassing.  It's just ....what it is, I guess.
*I REALLY need to figure out how to get a good picture of Ella on stage.  My photo skills are SEVERELY lacking!

E and her darling dance buddies practice for hours. They were amazing!  E works so hard and it's so fun to have her hard work pay off and to watch her love something so much.  

Bottom line is this:  It is insanely amazing to watch your kids do something they are honestly good at.
This is new for me and I am loving it so far.

5 comments:

Anj said...

We too entered into the world of dance competitions this year. I'm just thrilled they love it as much as they do. Otherwise the stress of it all about does me in.

Your little lady is just beautiful! What a cutie pie!

Valerie said...

Which one is the tap costume? The make-up, hair and changing outfits would totally stress me out.

Jessica Potter said...

Good Job little Lady! That would be super intense! Glad you survived!

Judy said...

Lacey you are amazing. What wonderful memories you are going to have. E is darling and the picture of the two of you is sweet.

Jessica said...

Ella is darling! Can you believe you're a crazy dance mom?!