Saturday, January 12, 2008

I'm as corny as Kansas in August...

Ella came home from preschool yesterday sporting a big wound on her cheek. I dried some tears and wiped off the blood (which actually turned out to be paint, thank goodness) and heard her 3-year-old version of the story. Turns out a little guy named Jackson bit her during painting time. An hour later there is a knock on the door and there is Jackson, with his dad, holding three tulips held together with string. My heart just about ripped in two as Jackson tearfully told Ella how sorry he was and that he would never do it again. Ella was so excited about the flowers and kept telling me all night, "Mama, Jackson is so sorry," while burying her face in her treasured tulips. Ella's love interest has been Cole, our 4-year-old next door neighbor. Poor Cole. I think he just got bumped.

6 comments:

Emily said...

That is so sweet! And, by the way, she looks just like you!

Jen Coccimiglio said...

so ella is quite the heartbreaker! that is a hilarious story. good thing jackson is learning that flowers go a good long way in undoing any hurt feelings. his future marriage will be all the better because of this little painting lesson.

sarahhicken said...

I love this. We have had a few experiences with this but nover recieved flowers. She is one lucky girl. I bet the teacher was mortified about it.

Jessica Potter said...

Now that is so precious! What is it with us girls.. we let boys get away with anything as long as we get some pretty flowers! LOL You can just see by the look on her face that she is elated! CUTE!

Jessica said...

Poor Cole indeed. What a heartbreaker!

JoAnna said...

Side note- Divine Secerets... I read that a few years back and, to this day, I think of that mother and how I swear I'm going to be just like her if I have another kid!! I should read it again as birth control!