I’ve been tagged again, and I have to say, this one’s a little different. Perfect timing since I’ve been taking periodic walks down memory lane lately. Gator and I celebrate our 8th anniversary next month. Woo hoo for us! Thanks for the tag, Jen!
The History of Lacey & Gator
How long have you been together? Since the summer of 1999 (isn’t that a song?)
How long did you date? Dated for a little over two months, were engaged for five months … only moved the date up once! The fella just swept me off my feet!
How old is he? 33 or 34, I can’t remember
Who eats more? Gator, although I’m really trying to keep up.
Who said "I love you" first? Gator
Who is taller? Gator
Who sings better? Me, but I’m sure Gator thinks he does!
Who is smarter? Hmmm, tough one. Gator knows more information than anyone I know. He got WAY better grades than I did in high school and college (did you know I almost didn't graduate from high school?). Sometimes he does Yoda talk because his brain works so fast … but I’m funnier and more clever.
Who does the laundry? Me. But sometimes Gator gets sick of waiting for clean clothes and then does his own laundry.
Who does the dishes? Both. I do them all day and Gator cleans the kitchen at night.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. But that’s so Gator will be closest to the door and the sound waves of kids crying will hit his ears first.
Who pays the bills? Gator. I tried for about 6 ½ years of our marriage and realize that I’m crappy at it. Gator’s a much better saver than I am.
Who mows the lawn? Gator. He rigs up the lawn mowers so only he knows how to start them. I think it makes him feel more manly.
Who cooks dinner? When dinner gets cooked it’s usually by me. When I don’t, Gators more than happy to fix himself something to eat.
Who is more stubborn? Me
Who kissed who first? Gator kissed me. But believe me, I spent way too much time sending signals! He was a slow mover!
Who asked who out? Gator. But only by his friends pushing, who were pushed by me. And oh, what a story it is! Seriously, Gator is so lucky I stuck around!
Who proposed? Gator … one thing he was quick with!
Who is more sensitive? Me
Who has more friends? Me
Who has more siblings? Same
Who wears the pants in the relationship? Mostly me, but there are some things Gator is pretty adamant about.
Who are you tagging? Every single person on my blogging list. Look to the right … if you see your name, YOU’RE IT! Seriously, I'm checking your blogs!
8 comments:
Join our blogging book club! It's me and anna and a bunch of other moms. Check it out... http://www.readingmoms.blogspot.com
I haven't started the book yet but I'm excited to get going on it.
LOL That was so cute! And you are so CLEVER! (I love the word clever)! Okay I will do mine!
Lace, you read faster than anyone I know! One of my favorites was recommended to me by my mom: The Thornbirds. It's kind of a classic and I read it in 3 days because I couldn't put it down (and I don't read as much as I should).
So glad you posted that stinking cute picture of you guys!
And PLEASE join our book club. you are so in!! I think I'll pick "Jenster's" rec for my month. I've never read The Thornbirds.
Sounds like you've got a few fun stories to share!
OK, Lacey, how's this for random?? This is Ginny (Gardner) Wood from way back in teenage days. I happened to see your comment on little Charlie's blog and couldn't help but sneak a peek if it was really you. Amidst all the yuckiness I have managed to refind all sorts of people!! You look great and I laughed as a read some of your tidbits. So, thanks for the laughs!!
Ginny, so good to hear from you!
Hey, Lacey, if you want to peek at my crazy life (since I saw you on Roxey's too) you can send me an email (ginnettewood@yahoo.com). I have our blog private because I am a chicken.
Post a Comment