Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Jack Does Tricks!

We've been a little nervous about Jack. For a while, we weren't sure if Jack would ever roll over in public. I knew he could do it - believe me, I had to respond to his nightly calls of terror when he found himself facing the wrong direction - but when people were actually watching, he got a little spooked. Finally, Jack worked it out and got over his stage fright. For the past few weeks our latest quest has been to get him to sit up by himself. This has been important for a couple of reasons: a) Chunk has grown out of his infant car seat, although I am still dragging that sucker into the grocery store and trying to heave-ho it into the cart (the car seat, not Jack .. well, I guess it's kind of both). Looks a little something like this (click here). With a new car seat, he'll have to sit in the nasty grocery carts all by himself ... something I'm not so sure he's ready to do. b) Jack was a little slow on the rolling over thing (even the doctor said, "hmmm.") and we are trying to be proactive. Little did we know that our little Cracker Jack already had a few tricks up his sleeve....

Here is Ella making sure Jack has a safe landing for when he topples over (unless he falls to his left). She's such a good sister! Here is Jack saying, "Get out of my face!" Jack is quickly learning Ella's bad habits.



Um, Jack? How long have you known how to do this?

Jack can sit up! Here I was thinking he's a little on the slower side when really, he's just stubborn and a little lazy. He doesn't roll on demand and he doesn't sit on demand. Huh. Who'd have thought!


Oh, and don't forget Jack's crazy Cheerio trick. Gets us every time!

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Your Youtube clip had me and John rolling. I love reading your blog.

Jessica Potter said...

What a little stud muffin! Got to love him!

sarahhicken said...

That was awesome. I love the clip and have felt that way hauling around my kids. It was hilarious.

Jenny Groberg said...

Ella is beautiful! Love the Utube clip as well...LOL

Anna said...

Ah-ha-ha-ha...I love the video. You crack me up.

Jessica said...

That clip is hysterical!

Roxey said...

You're freakin' hilarious!!

Allie said...

Averi and I are reading your blog. Averi wanted to leave you a message, that Jack is so cute. We love you guys. averi (Averi needed to sign her name :))