Thursday, February 21, 2008

Love is in the air ...

Or should have been, anyway. Last week was our anniversary ! Hooray for 8 years! We actually lined up a babysitter, made some plans and got ourselves a little bit excited. We haven't really celebrated our anniversary for a few years - I think we took Ella to Wingers last year - and I was excited to spend the day without the kids.

Unfortunately, this is how I spent our anniversary ... and the day before it ... and 2 days after it.
I am a true believer in flu shots. I ALWAYS get one ... except this year. Because of my lazy reluctance to hall 1 big and 2 mini butts into Smith's health clinic, I did not move from this position for 4 days! Absolutely not kidding. Poor Gator held down the fort while I drooled and snotted all over our bed. President's Day rolled around and I figured my week of hell should be over. So I showered, ate some food, visited with my loved ones ... and decided I needed a nap. When I awoke, a lovely throbbing sensation was tunneling its way through my right ear. Gator insisted I visit the doctor - who immediately found a bad ear infection with so much fluid it was on the verge of rupturing. Really, could anything else go wrong? Oh yes, I am deaf in my right ear. Not permanently, I hope. I am sure these antibiotics will kick in some day.

In the meantime, I am up and about ... although I can't hear ... and starting to pay attention to my family. My house is a disaster, we have absolutely no food, laundry is piled to the rafters, I am teaching a wheat class on Thursday that I haven't thought much about, my kids probably need bathing ... and I am downstairs blogging. Priorities, priorities.

So, Happy Anniversary Gator! Not sure if I said anything during my drugged-up stupor. It's missed days of work, missed basketball games, 24 -hour child care, frozen bean burritos, early morning feedings, and multiple drug runs - all with no complaining -- that reminds me why I love you so much!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Poor Lacey! That sounds absolutely miserable. I hope you feel better soon. You still need to celebrate once you feel better!

Valerie said...

So sorry you have been sick. I have been sick this week to and am now beginning the process of digging out. Oh the joy! Good luck to you.

sarahhicken said...

We have been in the same boat. Can't wait to get better.
Feel well soon.

JoAnna said...

Ohhhh man! So so sorry! Congrats on marrying a man who will take care of you and hold down the fort! Here's to next year!