Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy 70th!

A friend of mine made a list of 100 tidbits about herself for her 100th posting. It was an amazing list that I absolutely loved reading. I thought I would start making my list for my 100th post and, believe it or not, couldn’t come up with that many things to say about myself. I am not fascinating, I haven't had many life altering experience and I don't do a whole lot other than think about cleaning my house. I figured I better post now before my number got too high (believe me, it was a stretch to get to 70!)! So, here it is .... 70 ridiculous facts for 70 ridiculous postings!

1. Since the age of 18, I have packed up my belongings and moved 11 times. Keep in mind, we've lived in our house for 5 years.

2. I had my belly pierced when I was 17 and kept it from my mom for 3 years. It was not pretty when she found out.

3. I own a pair of wranglers and spurs - although I'm still waiting for my belt buckle!

4. I have a wide taste in music. The only things I really can't listen to are rap, heavy metal, Mannheim Steam Roller and Kenny G. Other than that, let's shake a leg!

5. One thing I am most thankful for is being a mom. It is also the #1 thing I struggle with.

6. My best friend until age 11 was a girl named Melodie. We did everything together. We also used to steal treats from kids lunches during recess in First grade.

7. I truly believe believe I should be living on a ranch, or farm or something like that .... with lots of cowhands to do all the hard labor, of course.

8. I have huge public bathroom issues. Why can't people figure out some basic bathroom etiquette?

9. Popcorn should not be served while watching a movie. Chomp, chomp, chomp ....

10. I almost didn't graduate from high school. I really wasn't sure there would be a diploma waiting when I turned in my cap and gown.

11. Gas station nachos are the finest!

12. If I can't think of something for dinner I usually make cookies.


13. I don't like playing games. Game night? Don't invite me!

14. I love Girls Night Out.

15. I make my own bread weekly.

16. My nose gets bigger when I'm pregnant. This is a scary sight since I already have a big nose! Thankfully, it returns to my normal size after the birth.

17. You know those people who can't go anywhere by myself? I'm not one of them. I absolutely adore being by myself.

18. I have high expectations for others and am often disappointed.

19. I had a dream that I made-out with Slash under the bleachers.

20. I love to cook.

21. I can't stand stupidity.

22. I love attention. Ta da! Is that a surprise?

23. I have never been toilet papering. I have never wanted to go toilet papering.

24. I guy once took me on a group date (with his family) water skiing where I discovered (and witnessed) that his mom had multiple personalities.

25. I don't like celebrities. I don't like their attitudes. I don't like their influence. I don't like their self-proclaimed pedestals. However, I do check people.com once a week.

26. Since receiving my license I have claimed 8 different cars as my own.

27. I prefer the mountains to the beach. Although at this point I'll take either.

28. I had to take Meteorology 3 times in college.

29. I once had a spider bite that required medical attention.

30. I get an incredible headache every time I go to the temple.

31. Curious George makes me anxious.

32. I used to clog.

33. I love to run, which I am currently not doing due to my upcoming foot amputation.

34. I love to hear Ella sing.

35. I never completed, or really attended, an institute class.

36. I was on the diving team in high school. Unfortunately I have the yearbook pictures to prove it.

37. My best work comes when I’m stressed out and under pressure.

38. Feeding people makes me happy.

39. I love getting my haircut ….which is probably it’s always short.

40. I hate unloading the dishwasher.

41. I have a gag reflex like you wouldn’t believe.

42. Bagpipes make me cry.

43. I sleep better with fresh, clean sheets.

44. I don’t have a single crafty bone in my body.

45. I wouldn’t know style if it slapped me in the face.

46. The Wonder Years was one of the greatest shows ever made.

47. My name is Lacey and I’m addicted to chapstick. I’ve had this habit since high school and still can’t break it.

48. One of my biggest fears is that Ella will grow up to be just like me.

49. I like having control. I don’t always need it, but I prefer it.

50. I caught and swallowed a live goldfish.

51. I unconsciously type out my thoughts as if I were sitting at a computer. This especially drives Gator crazy when my fingers are unknowingly typing under his pillow at night.

52. I love to dance.

53. I have been skinny dipping.

54. Cruel Summer by Bananarama will always make me happy.

55. In 2007 I read 48 books.

56. I plant a garden every year.

57. I have never listened to all sessions of conference.

58. I am mellowing as I get older.

59. I don’t like talking on the phone and most of the time I don’t answer it.

60. I had a roommate that would blast Cher’s “Do You Believe In Love” at 6 am while getting ready for school.

61. My first concert was Sting at Wolf Mountain in 7th grade. I wore a shirt that had Mickey Mouse emblem over the left breast and pegged pants.

62. I don’t really like meeting new people. I think it’s awkward.

63. I am moody. Not nearly as moody as I used to be.

64. I sang a solo in a high school choir concert, forgot the notes and ended up singing something similar to the bass line. Sadly for me, that was the night that was being recorded for CD.

65. I once directed a friend in outrunning a police man after running a red light. We totally got away with it!

66. I like watching the Larence Welk show.

67. Gator and I spent 6 months being apartment neighbors with a meth lab. Crazy enough, we were the ones that received an eviction notice.

68. I have the humor of a 9-year-old. For example, when I am typing on the computer and I start to spell “people” but accidentally type “poo”, I laugh my head off.

69. I watched on old sorority video tonight and was completely embarrassed. I was an idiot! I hope that thing never falls into the wrong hands!

70. Frog eyed salad give me the creeps and for as long as I live I will never, ever eat it!

8 comments:

hallamigo said...

Great list. I'd like to hear more about #24 and, Gator, I've got a VHS-to-MP4 converter for #69 ... YouTube's a waitin!

Valerie said...

That was hilarious. I don't think I could even come up with 70 interesting things to say about me.

JoAnna said...

I'm still laughing very much out loud! You crack me up and you always have!! LOL LOL LOL!! I love it and could've read 70 more for sure. Who would've thought this concept could've been so entertaining, really?
I so agree with the popcorn issue!
I LOVE that you make cookies when you can't think of something for dinner!
"I adore being by myself." Too well written!
#51 cracks me up!!
YOU kill me! LOVE IT!!

Jen Coccimiglio said...

#71...I am amazing at performing Les Miserables. I once asked ____ Olson (what was his first name?) to be Val Jean, I was Cosette, and my awesome friend was Fantine. We performed this in my scary house, which was next to a rainbow house. In scary house were multiple mice, and the before mentioned roommate who sang Cher and Mariah and Celine early in the morning.

Jessica Potter said...

I just peed my pants! That was hilarous! We HAVE A LOT TO TALK ABOUT!

sarahhicken said...

That was great Lacey. I laughed so hard I almost woke the kids from their nap.

Jessica said...

Thanks for the laugh! By the way, I have a goldfish, and I dare you to swallow it!

Kristy said...

So I would say TMI but I can't cuz I loved it all! I LMBO the whole time and had to get my husband to read it too.