Saturday, May 3, 2008

A spoonful of sugar ...


..... plus 300 more seems to be what I'm eating lately. I'm not sure what's going on with me but I am eating absolute crap like I never have before. Honestly, I search it out. I crave it. I eat stuff I don't even like -- all because it's sugar. I'm completely addicted. This is a serious situation needing some serious action. Starting Monday (because I have a great dinner planned for tomorrow) I am kicking the habit ... cold turkey .... until Friday (baby steps). I am posting my rules so maybe I'll feel somewhat accountable.


RULES:
1. No treats. At all. Until Friday. I will not be making cookies for dinner. I will not be popping any popcorn. I will be hiding my stash of minty 3 Muskateers (have you tried these? Yummy!). And the 3 year old Hershey Bar I found in my pantry? In the garbage ... on Monday.

2. One diet drink per day. I love water but for the last two weeks, Diet Dr. Pepper has been flowing out of my kitchen faucet. Crazy! I also realize that some of you may consider this a treat. Not so. This is like oxygen ... maybe more like Heroine. I'm not willing to give this up.

Well, that's it. Easy? My armpits are sweating already! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

You go girl! I really need to do that too, but I just don't know if I have it in me. I've been a bit stressed out lately, and I keep telling myself I'm entitled to a little treat. . . which turns into a big treat. . . about five times a day. It's got to stop! Maybe cold turkey is the only way to get it out of your system. Good luck!

sarahhicken said...

Good Luck. Let me know how it goes I hope you do well. I think I will try this a few weeks from now after EMma's birthday because I want some cake.

whit said...

Lace, you can do it. I haven't had any sugar treat since Lent started (yeah, I am a Mormon who does Lent - it is my fast from Cadbury Cream Eggs). The first three weeks are the hardest. I suggest you start smoking, it totally helps.

Ginny said...

More power to you...while you are at it, will you quit sugar for me too??

Suzanne said...

I'm proud of you Lacey. I could never do it. At least the sugar part. I'm not a fan of the diet drinks, so I could pull that off, but not the sugar. In fact, that's why I started running...so I could eat more sugar. Or at least not feel so bad about the crap I consume anyway.

Jessica Potter said...

I totally agree with Whitney. I think if we start smoking we will be skinny hot beeyotchs and we wont even care about sugar. Or our teeth and skin. Or our lungs. But its a totally small price to pay for beauty.

jenster said...

It's funny reading your blog just to read the comments! I too am addicted to sugar and that is also why I exercise because I eat so much sugar! Smoking might help...