Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Knock, knock. Who's there?

Blog stalking. Everyone does it. If you tell me you don't, I won't believe you. You get on Sally's blog, notice that Beatrice left a comment, or that Janice is on her "friends" list. You think to yourself, "Hey, I knew Beatrice in high school" or "Oooh, I bet Janice is that skanky friend Sally used to hang out with." Your interest has been piqued and CLICK, your on your way. I've reconnected with a lot of friends this way. I've made new friends this way. I've wasted a TON of time this way. Sometimes I'm brave enough to leave a random comment, other times I prefer that the person doesn't know I'm checking out their life. I love it and I'm addicted.

I recently was looking through my blog history and noticed that there are people looking at my blog. People I don't know. People I don't recognize. I don't say this because I think I'm popular or think my blog is good reading and worth anyone's time. I am interested to know who you are. Am I some random blog you happened to come across? Do I know you from somewhere? Do you know someone I know? Are you a creepie who is looking at pictures of my kids (eek!)?

Be brave! Admit that you've read this. Tell me who you are. I dare you!

16 comments:

whit said...

Ha! You said it much better and more concise than I did. Do you think this will inspire anyone to come out?

Amanda said...

Aaah! Blog history? People can find out I've been reading their blogs obsessively? Pray tell how one does this????

Oh yeah, I read your blog too, so now I'm out there. But seriously, blog history? Kinda freaking out right now...

Julia said...

OH-- Sooo busted. I reconnected with Nanas last May who told me Em had a blog which is where I found yours... Total stalker! Hope all is well with you- it seems like you have a great life! If you are ever in Chicago give me a holler.

Kristy said...

I read it and love it! BTW my IP shows up as a Denver location in site meter. Weird I know, that's what you get with Qwest I guess.

Meghan said...

i am admitting, because my judgement is impaired from lack of sleep, and i was dared. i'm rob's sister from HS. and i linked here from your comment on whit's blog about the same thing. it's funny because everyone does it - i watched charlie's history for awhile one day and he had tons of people i once knew (and although his blog is an anomalie) visiting, which only gave me new people to stalk... anyway, nice post and your kids are darling.

Jessica Potter said...

Just me- boring ol me.

Suzanne said...

I'm here, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm also not ashamed to admit that I first found your blog through a totally random blog stalking session. And how glad I am that I did! My life has been oh so much better since reconnecting with you...even if it is just through blogs!

jenster said...

So technically I guess you found me... so you are the blog stalker??? =)

Ginny said...

how do you think I found you?? totally picked up a comment you left on Charlie's blog. At least I was feeling bold enough to comment before now so I didn't have to be called out! And, yes, I have stalked others from your blog list...none of whom probably know it.

Shanana said...

Totally random person here: Just curious about a person named Gator listed on Katie and Clint's blog.

(I had some random person from Japan stalk my blog today. Cool.)

Katie Jane said...

Blog history, huh? I need to find that feature...Anyway, thanks for commenting on my blog. It was fun to hear from you and it looks like (from YOUR blog) that you are doing great. Your kids are so cute and you are so funny...keep it up!

Roxey said...

it's just me....yeah, I do read your blog, and I love it!

Susan said...

I love that you asked - I'm always curious about my blog visitors. I don't have the slightest clue who you are. I linked to you through Sarah's blog because my son is napping and I am bored. Cute blog!

Susan said...

It's me again - just read about your pregnant nose and would like to tell you I suffered from it too. My parents were so concerned they started setting aside money for a nose job. When my husband and I started talking about another baby he asked, Do you think that thing with your nose will happen again?" Anyway, still don't know you but feel I have a sisterhood with you now. No one should carry their pregnancy in their nose.

Jen said...

Everyone stalks. It's Jen Moss from Xi. Thought I'd say "hi" and let you know, yes I do stalk you.

Julie Mulcock said...

I found you! Actually one of my sisters found you, linked you, linked me and we all are hooked together. Doesn't this just beat a Caldwell family reunion?! No offense to anyone out there, but I am pretty certain that July 4th hasn't been the highlight of any of our childhoods. Cousins are still great though! Your kids are darling and your blog is fun to read. Sorry, but I'll be stalking you again....