Spring is here! It's 60 degrees, 300 mph winds, sunshine ... and it's supposed to snow this weekend. Yup, spring is definitely here! While this teasing makes me absolutely crazy, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel! Winter was a hard one for me this year. I won't be sorry to say goodbye!
Yesterday was my official start day for no more Diet Dr. Pepper and no more treats. I started analyzing this a little more yesterday morning and decided to be honest with myself. As long as there was still a box of DP enticing me in my garage, it would never work. Therefore, it has been postponed. I have 12 more to drink and then I'm done. For good. Do you believe me?
Let's talk about treats. Just another thing I'm addicted to. I understand treats are fine in moderation, but unless moderation means eight cookies instead of two, I'm toast (with chocolate frosting on it, of course!)! I was very serious in my dedication to kick the habit. I've done it before, and am normally pretty healthy. Monday was absolutely the day. Sunday night
I baked myself some brownies, had my last sugar-induced stomach ache and hopped on the "no sugar/healthy lifestyle" bandwagon. Sadly, by 11:00 am Monday morn, I had been tossed off and run over. My Sunday night, sugar-induced, stomach ache didn't include getting rid of the entire pan of brownies. So they sat on my stove calling to me .... singing, really ... and I couldn't resist. Ohh, the disappointment!So far today, I've made it to 1:00. I'm on a roll!
We started taking Jack to nursery. Almost a month earlier than we usually allow our kids (yes, Jack is 20 months, but that's another story). Turns out, nursery isn't really his thing.
First try: 10 minutes of screaming before they found Gator. Jack was screaming so hard he was choking.
Second try: I plan to sit in there with him for a while. I was hesitant to do this since I didn't want him to think I was going to come every time but it didn't seem to matter. He started crying as we walked down the hall, continued to cry non-stop for 1 hour until he was saved by his "nice parent" who took him home. Jack crashed for 15 hours after that episode (not really, but close!).
Third try: I go prepared. His favorite binki, his sippy, a blankie and fruit snacks are tucked in my Nursery Emergency Bag. Crying starts even further down the hallway (further? farther? whatever!). This time a tantrum starts - screaming, kicking, falling on the floor. Snot if flowing, his face is splotchy and still he continues to try and push down the door. This lasts about 30 minutes. Finally, FINALLY, exhaustion sets in and he allows me to wrap his blanket around him, give him a binki and sits in my lap and cries for another 20 minutes. Fortunately, he stopped crying, started to play and ended up doing ok .... as long as no one touched him.
Now, Jack is a different boy. He's darling and funny and I love him more than I can handle, but most the time I don't know how to deal with him. Guess this nursery thing is the Lord's way of throwing another flame ball at me. Hopefully there's more progress next week!
The Bachelor. Are you flipping kidding me? Whoever declares their love, proposes, dumps on national tv and then continues to make-out with the runner-up, who he happens to still be in love with, has to be one of the biggest weasels ever! Crazy thing is, I knew how it ended and it still didn't make it any less painful to watch! I might actually have to be done with The Bachelor ... unless Jillian is the next Bachelorette.I tried couscous for the first time last night. I have issues with eating wierd textures. In fact, I have never knowingly eaten cottage cheese for that very issue. I'm actually starting to gag thinking about it! Anyway, I got THIS RECIPE from my friend Jenny and was pleasantly surprised! Both Gator and Ella liked it! Jack, on the other hand, had issues with the texture. Go figure!

Twilight. While I'm still undecided about the movie, I did love the music. Does anyone have the soundtrack? Do you like it? Is there anyone besides the Halladay's who would let me burn a copy?

8 comments:
Amen to kicking pop, amen to the Bachelor fiasco, amen to it all sister.
I have it Lacey and I can burn you a copy.
Jason Mesnic is a D-Bag
"Is there anyone besides the Halladay's who would let me burn a copy?"
That's right! No piracy, thieving, stealing, evilness here!
You and I must be on the same wavelength. I swear all of this sugar is giving me the shakes, but I still inhale it. Every day.
I say get rid of the sugar when your kids start school.......then I won't feel as guilty because that's what I'm doing. :)
I found my Jerusalem journal and have been reading it this week...I was seriously laughing out loud remembering things I'd forgotten. That was so much fun!
So sorry things aren't going well for Jack in nursery. I'm sure it will get better. Good luck with the no treats thing...Dave has declared March "no sugar month" for him...I refuse to go along with it. I never watched the Bachelor this season...but my sister told me about it, so I watched the last episode and the aftermaths online. He is so lame. And I agree, the music in Twilight was great. I'm hoping to get a copy of it from my sister...
Wow, that was long. Sorry.
Post a Comment