Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter

This year we decided to attempt the Barnes Park egg hunt. We've avoided it in years past -- mostly because we forget ... and are a little lazy ... and let's face it, the Gatherum Fam doesn't like crowds. But the weather turned out somewhat crummy, we felt guilty for our laziness and we ventured out. We were not disappointed! The weather kept the crowds down and Ella had a fabulous time!


Ella waiting for the race to begin. I tried to explain to her the best strategy for getting the most eggs but she wasn't interested. Her goal was to get only pink eggs. I watched her run out to the middle of the field (part of my strategy. I was hopeful!), pick up an egg, then run clear across the field to the next pink egg she had spotted. Then, run back to where she began and pick up another pink egg. She ran three times as far as any other kid there, but she did end up with a bag full of pink eggs. She was pleased.


We didn't let Jack participate this year. Anyone who knows Jack probably isn't surprised.


Coloring eggs. I love coloring eggs. I found myself cheating Ella out of them just for my own pleasure. Next year I'll cook a couple extra dozen just for me! Very therapeutic!


Easter morn. I love this picture because it's exactly what Ella looks like every morning -- sleepy and rumpled with hair standing on end! Oh, I love this girl!


And my Jack. In his pink jammies. Yes, I still put him in pink jammies because he's too dang cute n them. Pink really is a good color on him!


Later, we went to Gator's parents for dinner and more egg hunting. The food was great and the kids were in heaven. Especially Jack. He's never been surrounded by so much candy! He's never been allowed to eat so much candy! I was sick watching him.


Ella and her loot.


We had a great day and had so much fun with family!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

I love that top pick of you and ella. nothing sweeter than a girl and her mama!

Jeninator said...

the picture of you and ella deserves a frame!

Eric said...

Love the pictures. Jack rules! and Ella is cute too.