Just some last minute ripening before my kitchen is plastered with tomato juice. My tomato plants ended up suffering from Late Blight. Late Blight = crappy. Late blight is what cause the potato famine in Ireland and caused everyone to starve to death. I may not be starving to death but I'm pretty sure I'm just as ticked as they were. Before ripping out my plants, I tried to rescue the good fruit (or vegetables. what are they anyway?), and now have a kitchen full of tomatoes I wasn't planning on picking for a couple of weeks. So ..... extra tomatoes = salsa!
I will be up till the wee hours of the morn, slaving away over a hot stove, making delicious salsa. Anyone care to join me?
I will be up till the wee hours of the morn, slaving away over a hot stove, making delicious salsa. Anyone care to join me?


5 comments:
I may come over and help after my kids are in bed.
Oh, shoot! So sorry to hear about your garden. I'd bring a bushel of tomatoes over to ya... except, oh yeah, I didn't plant one.
Enjoy that salsa!
Ooh!! I wish I could be there! Sounds delicious!!
Is The Widow of the South any good?
Hey, I want your salsa recipe! Is it an ancient family secret? Since I'm family, I hope that you'll let me in on it...
I have a ton of tomatoes and would love to learn how to can it. Are you going to post your recipe or have a big canning party?
Post a Comment