Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Autumn in New York ...

Is something I've never seen before, but Ella Fitzgerald can sure paint a pretty picture, can't she? This really is my favorite time of year. The weather, leaves, pumpkins, Halloween .... If it could only last longer than 5 days! This is one of my favorite pictures of Ella Bug. It was taken last year at her papa's house - she pretty much looks the same so I may have to pass it off another year.


Speaking of pumpkins, this is my front porch. Looks a little pathetic, doesn't it? That's because behind those sad little orphans used to be two big ol' mommy and daddy pumpkins that took me about a half an hour to pick out and cost about $5 each (to me, that seems a lot for a pumpkin). They were perfect! On Saturday night, around 9:00 pm, Gator and I heard some noise. We thought it was coming from upstairs since Ella had been having a hard time going to sleep and Gator went to investigate. When he turned the corner to go upstairs, he realized that a bunch of loser kids were stealing our pumpkins! He tried to get outside but couldn't get the door open in time (he gets a little fumbly when his adrenaline kicks in!) and the lame-o's hopped in their car and took off. I was so sad the rest of the night. Forget that I was giving a big lesson in relief society the next day, all I could think about were my pumpkins!

We live in a neighborhood where the crime rate is practically zero, people don't shut their garage doors at night, and don't ever lock their doors ... well, except for us. Gator's extremely cautious.
Probably 99% of our town is LDS and I've never felt that I had to worry about my pumpkins. I hope those kids felt really good while sitting in church the next day ....

2 comments:

Jenny Groberg said...

Lacey! How funny to hear from you. The last time I saw you was when we went to the wrong U of U student ward. You guys have a darling family. I enjoyed reading your blog. So I've never thought about ice hockey on the kitchen table but that's a pretty funny idea! I loved what you wrote about your reunion. I recognized Aimee in your picture from Jerusalem. It's a really small world... and I was laughing pretty hard about your old boyfriend's wife. So here's a question for you. What was his name again? Chris something? What was his last name. I think he may have been in our ward at one point in time. Anyway, it's good to hear from you.

Heather and Eric said...

Too bad Dad wasn't around-- those kids would have been tackled, sat in your living room, and the cops would have been involved... oh the memories.