Ella is sick. Yes, it's basically a teensy case of the sniffles but it's kind of all the same to me. I think this makes something like the 329th time this year. Ella doesn't go to nursery. She takes her vitamins. We stay away from Playlands and things of that sort. Ella is very familiar with soap and sanitizer. So what's the problem?
I'm the kind of mom that keeps Ella home from dance, school, and other social settings when she's not really 100% ... mostly to keep others from getting sick. I'm realizing that mother's like me, we are a lost tribe. While the thought of this makes me want to scream to the hills, I understand that there's not much I can do about it. I've decided to change my approach. My new mantra - SCREW IT!! If mothers feel good about sending their kids out with gobs of yellow snot hanging from their nose, I'm going to be ok with it too. When kids come over and say, "I'm sick (hack, hack, sneeze), but I can still play," great. Come on in.
Believe me, there is nothing I dislike more than being stuck in the house with an extra whiney girl who wants nothing more than to go out and play. So, I'm settin her loose! Yes, I will knowingly send my sickly child out to infest the world .... and feel pretty good about it (picture me rubbing my hands together while cackling gleefully!) If you see her with half her eye-lids crusted over, just know she has "allergies." Oh, and she tends to get a little flushed when she's "excited."
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Mothers, be warned!
Posted by
Lacey
at
1:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I found you through Jen's blog that I found through Anna's blog! You are HILARIOUS! Loving your blog beyond words! This post, in particular, strikes a huge chord with me. Every word is a ditto from me.
Post a Comment