Friday, October 19, 2007

Throw Down!

Wednesday was rainy, cold and gloomy ... perfect bread making weather. It has been a couple of weeks since I got Bosch and I have finally built up the courage to attempt something other than cookies. I've taken one step closer to my Polly Pioneer persona. Here's my story:


Here is my wheat grinder.... or the one that I hope to have someday. I thought I took a picture of my actual wheat grinder but can't find it on my camera. I'll have to take another - it really is it's own story. Anyway, I ground up a bunch of fresh wheat. If that doesn't pull on your homemaking heartstrings, I don't know what will!


Here are most of the ingredients to my Honey Whole Wheat Bread. Pretty aren't they?


Here's Ella making the dough. I'm training her early.


Here's Jack waiting while we make bread. He doesn't understand what all the fuss is about.


Here is my beautiful dough after it has risen. Poor Righty ... there's always got to be a runt.



Ok, seriously? Check these out! Don't they look like real loaves of bread? They are!! Real bread that I made all by me lonesome!

This is Jack after he tried my bread. Delicious!




This is my lunch on my real bread. Tuna doesn't do it justice ... I was out of turkey, lettuce, tomatoes etc.


Note to self: Vegetable oil does not take the place of vegetable spray when it comes to spraying your bread pans.

I've heard that bread is hard to master, that's it's a big process that takes skill and practice. Well you know what? Meet the bread making genius! It was easy, fun and absolutely delicious. I am challenging Great Harvest to a Throw Down .....

2 comments:

Emily said...

Lacey, I am totally impressed. One of my best childhood memories was when my mom made homemade wheat bread and we each had mini loaf pans so we could have our own loaves without fighting over who'd eaten more bread. Anyway, it makes me want to try it! Where did you get the wheat grinder?

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I'm jealous! Make me a loaf will ya?