Daylight Savings is a bust! Whoever came up with this idea is a) an idiot or b) never had kids. I have two kids that don't sleep in the first place so imagine the state of the Gatherum family when certain members feel 4:00 am is a good time to start the day..... none of those members are me! Honestly, no wonder I have so many darn issues in my life! I never get any sleep and crazies keep throwing things like Daylight Savings at me!
This is Ella at about 10:30 am. This is absolutely unheard of for her. Poor girl has no idea what's going on!

4 comments:
Amen sister!
Serious, Daylight savings is really the absolute worst! I totally agree. Adlen's been getting up at 6:00 am but that's nothing compared to 4:00 am. We had this problem BEFORE daylight savings where she would get up at 5:00 am and I told her she couldn't wake up until the sun wakes up. Now that the sun wakes up before 7 am I put an alarm clock in her room and told her not to get out of bed until she hears the music. Then you just keep setting the clock a little later and later every morning. At least that worked for us.
I totally agree. UGH!
Lacey, I would try the alarm clock... it's worth a try. Something else that might work is just not letting her take a nap one day and she'll be really onery and miserable, but it might get her back on schedule. The combination of the no nap and the alarm clock worked for us. Like I said, you may need to just drill it into her not to get up until she hears the music and just keep setting it a little later every day. Good luck! Oh by the way, my sister in law, Jeanne Groberg, saw your link on my blog and said, "how do you know Lacey?" What a small world... I guess you use to be in her ward before they split? She said, "She's pretty funny" and I thought to myself... "well, we must be talking about the same Lacey"...
Post a Comment