When I look back on events in my live, I usually don't catalog them by year. Oh sure, I graduated from high school in 1997. I got married in 2000. Ella was born in 2004. However, I got braces when I was 12. My first kiss was when I was 16 (ok, that's a lie, but whatever). I went to Israel when I was 19. I got my ears pierced at 10, my stomach pierced at 17. My parents separated when I was 20 and I swallowed a gold fish at the ripe age of 18. What I'm saying is that I remember stuff by my age.
Around the time of my birthday, I usually get some sort of inspiration about the way my life should be. Last year didn't work so well -- 29 was a doozy. But this year! Ahh, the inspiration has come! I had this same sort of divine intervention two years ago and it was fabulous! I've decided to follow suit and make 30 the same sort of year. Here it is .....
This year is all about me! The year of Lacey! Selfish? You betcha! I am focusing on me. I am taking care of me. I going to make a point to have a good time. I'm going to improve myself physically, spiritually and mentally (well, hopefully mentally!). I am going to be more proactive. I'm going to be even more social (Gator is going to be thrilled about this). I'm going to be a good friend, a nice wife and a fun mom.
I am going to find extra things that make me happy -- aprons, red shoes, good smelling laundry detergent, books, yummy lotion. And I'm going to bake cookies once a week because it makes me happy.
I have specific goals for myself that are too personal to share, but I'm excited and surprisingly, not overwhelmed!
So, here's to 30, here's to me and here's to you ... who are all going to benefit from me being so flipping happy!
Oh, and you know what else makes me happy? THIS and THIS. Enjoy!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
The Year Of Lacey
Posted by
Lacey
at
7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
It's going to be a great year!!! BTW Ewww on the gold fish swallowing.
Love it! 30 is such a tough age, I don't know why, I'm sure its all mental. But, way to go with all the goals and the outlook on it all. You are hilarious!
Ok! I love the first THIS and I'm copying it!
It is going to be a great year! And, it can only get better as I stand to benefit from you being so "flipping happy". Really, "flipping"?!?!? jk.
Here's to The Year Of Lacey.
an empty well serves no one!! here here to the year of lacey and all who benefit from it!! (and I have one other age memory that you left out...)
Oooo, tell it!
LOVE THIS. I am stealing it. Hope it wasn't intelletual property.
the chick in white is a freak!
30 is going to rock...I love it. You are my inspiration this year...thanks!
I was trying to follow your time line. Were you in Israel in 1999? Did you do the BYU program or a tour? I went for the spring term in 1999. Hopefully 30 is good for you. I was pregnant most of mine and hated that year.
I am rolling on the ground laughing at those two videos. Seriously, where do you find things like that.
Here's to Lacey! It will be a great year!
Post a Comment