My computer has been on this screen for three days. I've been feeling the need to blog but writers block has seriously set in. These last two sentences suck, yet they took me 5 minutes to write. Hmm ....
You know when you start writing in a journal and after you've taken a break you feel like you need to catch up on everything you didn't write about? But then you start writing, and writing, and writing and it's past your bedtime, and your hand hurts, and you're still not even current? *sigh* Do you even know what I'm talking about?
So, this blog here. I need to blog. It's been nagging at me. I've had a million blogable thoughts rolling around this head of mine .... but I can't focus on the current until the old is out of the way ... well, I think that's problem anyway ....
So as much as I've been trying to avoid a re-cap post, here it is. Our summer:
Did you know that Jack has not slept through the night for the 3+ years he's been alive? Most of you know this since I complain about it every chance I get. We took in Jack in for a sleep study to figure out what was going on. It was an absolute joke, nobody slept, I was ticked, but the conclusion was that Jack suffers from sleep apnea and we needed to get his tonsils and adenoids removed.
So we had his tonsils and adenoids removed...
...which led to 14 days of Jack not taking any pain medication. No pain medication = torture for everyone. Now, the sleeping? Another post for another day....
Ella, Jack & Cousins
The Kaysville 4th of July Parade. Now THIS is a party!
We spent a week camping at the beach with some friends down in southern California. We had such a great time! The weather was a little crummy but overall a fun trip!
Sea World. 3D Elmo. Ella got scared and cried.
Sprocket Rockets! Division Champions!
Saints to Sinners -- a 500+ bike race from Salt Lake to Las Vegas. Me, along with an awesome team, spent the spring and summer training our butts off for this race. It was amazing! One of the hardest, hottest and funnest things I've ever done!
Instead of running the full Bountiful triathlon this year, a few of us decided to do a relay team (except for Valerie, the girl in pink. She ran the whole thing). We were awesome. We were fast. We were robbed of first place. Next year we are coming back with a vengeance!!
Hannah!
Gator's sister Ashlee finally had her first baby. You can't see her, but she's darling!!
Gator had a company party at the zoo. The kids love it! Roar!
Me and Dwight and a huge pair of unflattering shorts. Lake Mead. 100+ degrees. Right after my last leg of the race .... what a relief!!
THE END












2 comments:
Loved your recap. I have been having the same problem as you and feel like I need to blog about some stuff from the summer. Maybe now I will do it.
Its about dang time you came back! All the bike riding and running, you make me tired!
Post a Comment