Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday

A day of peace.  A day of reflection.  A day of rest.  

If you forget about the process before church, the wrestling of kids, Sunday school, teaching lessons, meetings, the never-ending day, grumpy, tired kids, Church Headaches and the pure exhaustion of the Sunday Circus Ring ....

It's the best darn day of rest I've ever had!

The Stake President asked me a while back, "don't you just love Sunday's?"  I asked him if that was a trick question.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I went to comment on your other Sunday post but it is gone. I was just going to say I love your #9. Did you hear John read the scripture in Sunday School and when asked to comment on it he still couldn't. I guess you can zone out even when reading the scripture.

bingham 5 said...

I just want to be able to go to nursery with all adults and snack like the kids do - let the kids sit through boring lessons.

DowdleFam said...

Lacey, I miss your posts. They are so much better than mine. Lucky for us, Nate has to work Sundays, so I don't do Sunday dinner and Jordan (5) still takes a 1.5 hour nap and so do I. We get at least a half day of rest.

JoAnna said...

Sunday Headache... I get those too. If not that, I get Sunday Sickness. Seriously. For years, I always felt like pooh on Sundays. It's been better lately, but I don't think it will last for long.

I'm dying to hear the details on your son's sleep ordeal. When I read your post the other day, it was the first time that it dawned on me that maybe it's not normal that my 5 year old daughter has NEVER EVER EVER slept through the night. EVER. Hmmm.... We need to talk. Was it worth it? If you aren't going to post about it, will you email me?
joannakmorris at gmail dot com

Lilian said...

I LOVE SUNDAY!
I know what you mean about the wrestling and whining before church. But usually I give Cory a cracker and he settles right down. :-)

As my kids have gotten older and the weekdays tend to be chaotic... I LOVE SUNDAYS because it's just us and soooo relaxing.

PS - I found your blog!

Jessica said...

Amen sister! You don't want to hear what I think about Sunday's these days.