Thursday, September 16, 2010

A scenario.

A burnt piece of toast and a smoky, smoky house.

I say I'm getting a new toaster.
Husband says the toaster works perfectly fine if I would just stand and watch for it to be done (the automatic pop-up thing broke years ago).  He does this and rarely (if ever) burns toast. 

I say I don't have time to stand and watch the bread toast when I'm busy refilling cocoa puffs, finding drinks,  packing backpacks .... and checking facebook (just being honest).  

Husband says we don't need to go and waste $50 bucks on a toaster.

I say I don't need a $50 toaster.  A $10 toaster would suit me perfectly as long as the toast popped up automatically. 

Husband says we don't need a toaster.

I say Husband, don't tell me what I don't need.

Husband leaves for work, I put another piece of bread in the toaster.   Smoke billowing, fire alarms blaring and one charred piece of bread flaming in a toaster is flying through the air. 

I'm pretty sure I know who is getting a new toaster.

5 comments:

bingham 5 said...

Tell Gator to stop being so cheap!

JoAnna said...

Oh my gosh you are hilarious!!!

Jessica said...

You always make me laugh. So glad you're blogging again!

Judy said...

I am so glad to read your blogs again. You make me laugh.
A.J.

The Schaff Family said...

Go buy one Lacie, someone in book club started their kitchen on fire with their toaster, remember that? I think it was the Ashcrafts. Love the fact that you actually took a photo of the crappy toaster and the burned toast on the lawn though! I wish that I would remember to do things like that in the moment! You are hilarious.