I love the 4th of July! This weekend was crazy -- birthdays, multiple BBQ's, a triple dose of fireworks, injuries, late nights, water slides -- and we had lot of fun! We kicked off the weekend at 12:00 am on Thursday by scouting out a primo spot for the Kaysville parade on the 4th. Never in a million years would I think we would participate in the madness that occurs with picking a spot, but we did and we were awesome (By "we" I mean Gator. I just put in my 2 cents before I went to bed!)! Gator's birthday consisted of a little Guitar Hero and dinner, followed by more dinner and fireworks later that night at Dad and Margaret's house. The fireworks were great and the food was fabulous!
Ella and her fun 4th of July dress.

Jack taking a moment to see what's going on. Mostly he crawled around and picked-up dropped food. Yummy!

Ella, Lar, Jake and Uncle Matt.

Ella, Aves and Lils

Don't come any closer or I'll shoot! Ella didn't hesitate shooting people she didn't know.

After the parade we went to Dad and Margaret's (yes, again!) for a BBQ. They have a perfect hill for a slip-and-slide and Ella loved it!

Jack decided he liked the slip-and-slide too.

Uncle Eric and Aunt Heather entertaining Jack. Ahh, bless their hearts!

My Dad, brothers and Dan (on the left. he's not my brother) trying to roast a few hotdogs.

Gator somehow hurt his back on Thursday and had to sit on the sidelines for all our events. The poor guy could hardly walk! This is him doped up on Ibuprofen and muscle relaxers.

Hope everyone had a fun 4th -- we sure did! Can't wait for next year!

7 comments:
It looks like you guys had quite the weekend! Whohooo! Ella looks darling as ever!
I am a little jealous of that slip-n-slide.
Ever since you made that post about Gator giving a thumbs-up in pictures, I giggle. I only think it is especially funny because I swear that in one period of my life there isn't one picture of me without my tongue sticking out (circa 1999-2000).
I would hate to cross Ella's path while she's holding that water gun! Looks like a fun weekend.
We love your kids, soo much!! Thanks for spending the day with us. It was great!
I love the new blog decor. Cute!
Hey Lacy-
I don't know if you remember me or not. I came across you blog while I was on Ginny Wood's blog. You have a darling family. - Cami Baylis Cook
I know I say this every time I comment on your blog, but Ella looks EXACTLY like you! So darling!
Post a Comment