
Most of you already know the sad story so I"ll spare you the details but this is Gator ripping out all of our grass. I think this might be the only time he had a smile on his face and that's just because I asked nicely. This was long, back-breaking, horrible work. Poor Gator spent so many nights and weekends yanking out dead grass!

Round #2. Isn't this pretty? We finally got the sod down and I have spent numerous hours rolling around in it! This has been such a project and we are far from done. The backyard is getting closer but the front still needs some tuning up. We have such nice neighbors who have not complained once about their white-trash neighbors!

Due to the backyard overhaul, I was cutting it a little close but I finally got my garden in. I love my garden and spend a lot of time dinking around in it.

The zipper on these shorts has a hard time staying where it's supposed to. I have probably zipped these shorts up 437 times since May ... that's a lot of time zippin' pants up!

Strawberry Jam! This is the first time I've attempted freezer jam and it was a cinch! I can't wait for raspberries!

Bread, bread, and more bread. It's getting a little hot so the bread availability at our house is going down.

I taught a bean class a couple of weeks ago. Yes, this cake is made with beans and surprisingly, it's yummy!

I'm doing my duty and have started recycling. I just got my bin last Monday (thanks Kristy!) and it's already full! It's amazing how much stuff I use that can be recycled!
3 comments:
Your garden looks way better than mine, and I got mine in early.
Love the zipper!
I want your super simple freezer jam recipe...will you put in on pigs 'n spice??? that is something on my to-do list this summer!
Your food looks awesome. Can I come eat at your house?
Post a Comment