Sunday, October 19, 2008

Six for Sunday

A few days after Friday but who really cares, right?

1. I love the first snowfall! Luckily it was on Sunday and we could loaf around and enjoy it.. Ella was thrilled and couldn't wait to get outside and play! I am definitely not looking forward to snow on a more permanent basis, but sporadic snow days are always fun!


2. Something about voter registration makes me nervous. Every time I have gone to vote I have always wondered why they don't ask for identification. I'm all for getting people (real people) registered to vote but I really think the process should be a little more specific and a little more safe. Voters in Iraq have to mark their fingers to keep them from double dipping - what guidelines do we have? The Honor Code? That only works at BYU ... sometimes. Don't you think both Presidential candidates should be concerned? Are you concerned?


3. I have previously mentioned that I love to watch the Lawrence Welk show. Especially when Bobby and Cissy make an appearance. This is one of my personal favorites called Music To Watch Girls By. Call me crazy, but I don't think Bobby is into watching girls. Not that there's anything wrong with it ...


4. Jack has taken to wearing one mitten. Maybe his hand is cold or maybe we have a MJ in the making. I'm not really sure.



5. I'm ready to talk about my "domestic" issue. I have hated being called domestic. When people have said "Wow, aren't you domestic?" what I felt like they were saying was "Wow, aren't you some frumpy mormon who sits around all day in your sweats and bakes cookies and cans salsa!" While this is mostly true in my case, I've realized something - Most people are paying me a compliment! There are a few underminers but they've been blocked!

There was a time in my life where I had a good job that I focused all my time and energy on. On top of that, I got paid well to do it. I was good at that job and people benefited from me doing my job. Well, four years ago I got a new job. I spend all of my time and all of my energy on my new job. It may not be glamorous, there's not a lot of positive feedback, the pay sucks and it's mostly pull your hair out boring, but it's my job. I chose this job. Why not try and be good at it?

So go ahead. Say I'm domestic. My name is Lacey and I'm domestic. There. Something about hanging out in sweats, baking cookies while eating salsa doesn't sound so bad. The extra bonus? Two darling kids ... who happen to whine a lot.

6. While I'm trying to be domestic I need to do it wearing this.
Or this one! Isn't it amazing?
Wait ... I can't wear this because it costs 75 DOLLARS!!! Who in their right mind spends $75 on an apron? Oh, I forgot. Lots of people because they keep SELLING OUT!! Seriously? Ok, crafty readers who can sew. Please figure out how to sew something like this! I can't live up to my Domestic Goddess potential without it!

10 comments:

Eric said...

I love the one mitten... hilarious.

Brook said...

Lacey, I love you! I'm going to out Heather and tell you that she makes amazing aprons... she's the neighborhood Martha.

Jen Coccimiglio said...

did you see the spoof of Lawrence Welk on SNL? It was a few weeks ago, when Anne Hathaway was the host. Seriously, i just peed a little remembering how awesome it was. You must youtube it, you must.

cute jack and his mitten. if he starts browsing through plastic surgery catalogs, then you should start to worry. or, if he starts grabbing the crotch to accentuate a dance move...then seek intervention. otherwise, i think he should turn out ok.

sarahhicken said...

I love the aprons. I would feel more domestic if I had a beautiful apron to wear. I might not get anything done because I would not want to get it dirty.

Jenny Groberg said...

I know why it costs 75$... I saw one at the Grand America and the tag saig... "not just for cooking!" so there you go.

Love the one mitten! ha ha Jack's hair is really coming in.

Adlen is sad you only had one video on. SHe wanted more, and she loved Cissy's hair!

Anna said...

Never noticed about the voter registration because I always did it when I got my driver's license. BUT I am totally concerned over certain types of electronic voting. Don't get me started and I'm not even a very tech savvy person.

Kristy said...

I agree that everyone should be concerned about the no ID voting. I love sweats, salsa and cookies so can I join the domestic goddess group too? If I can I'll keep an eye out for a pattern to make the an official uniform for the DGs.

Brandy said...

I can not believe how LONG that Lawrence Welk song went on! and on... and on! Holy cow that was a blast from the past.

Jessica said...

Love the glove!

Love the apron!

BTW, I voted yesterday and had to show my ID.

Heather said...

...correction to Brook's comment - I am not the neighborhood Martha...but, I'm intrigued and may have to try and sew that little diddy.