Wednesday, January 20, 2010

And the card attached would say ...

Today is day 6 of this ridiculous cold. The kind where you think your sinuses might explode any minute, when you cough so hard you almost throw-up and you don't get a single ounce of sleep. Yes, I am on day 6. Day 6 is when the tears start coming because I'm feeling so sorry for myself and I think I'm never, ever going to feel good again.

I have amazing friends. And why do I love my friends?

- Immediate Facebook responses to my whining. I love when people respond.

- S. called and asked if she could do carpool for me. S. has spent the last two days dealing with her chemo crap but she asked anyway.

- V. switched playgroup with me without a single hesitation. I know she wanted to hesitate. This was glorious for me because a.) I hate having playgroup at my house and b.) I have another week to get my house back in order. Of course, this is all assuming that I might actually get better in the next week.

-J. brought over freshly baked, warm bread with a ribbon tied around it. I love bread and I love ribbons. It was absolutely divine.

-A. and J. (a different J.) came to my house with Cafe Rio and a Diet DP the size of my vacuum. A. even crawled out her driver window twice (picture Dukes of Hazard) to make sure I had everything. Heaven!

This all happened before noon today. I am feeling very thankful.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I did see A. climb out of her window today and it was pretty funny to watch. How lucky you are to have such great friends!!

JoAnna said...

WOW!!!!! You are so blessed. I am so glad you have that. Because I have that same cold and I feel so miserable. And add it to the pregnancy misery, I feel like I was never normal and happy! NEVER!! Please make it go away. Oh wait. This was about you... I know you will feel better soon. I just know it!!

Jessica Potter said...

I hope you get to feeling better. :)

Shorty said...

If you want to feel better you ought to drink water instead of Dr. Pepper.

Just sayin.