Monday, January 11, 2010

I Got Nothin

I was really looking forward to Resolution #36. You know, jump back on the blogging bandwagon, share some of my incredibly insightful thoughts, show everyone how hilariously funny I am ... until I realized during my very first week back that I GOT NOTHIN!! I couldn't think of a single thing to say. Amazing, but true.

So, just because you're are all so lucky, here is some random stuff.

* I just finished watching the second half of the The Bachelor. I hate this show. Why, why, why does it always suck me in?!

* My feet are like blocks of velcro. Absolutely lovely. I'm trying to figure out how to make some improvements .... lazer removal might be my only option. Any foot softening suggestions? Please?

* There's a deliciously new dryer sitting in my laundry room! Oh, it's beautiful! Thanks for all your comments -- I love being validated! I thought my desire to do laundry would increase once I got it, but strangely, it hasn't.

* Book club was good this month. I'm thinking about going again next month.

* I love my calling. I'm so thankful to have it. But seriously? SERIOUSLY???

* Channel 4 might have the worst news people ever .... well, maybe 13 ... toss up, really.

* I think that if there's a hundred dollar bill in plain sight every single day, just hanging in front of my face, it's just begging to be spent.

* My triathlon training has started. Not in full force, but it has definitely started. My tired legs are telling me so.

* I am so thankful that school has started up again, that I got Jack into a preschool for fall.

* I really need to find a place to go for a February mini-vacation. I'm aiming to keep my Winter Depression under control this year. Anyone want to invite me and my kids to come and stay with them? We're really low maintenance -- just a soft bed, a few prepared meals, white fluffy towels .....

* When I get up and go to the gym in the mornings, my kids sleep until 7:30. When I don't, they rise and shine at 6:30. What the heck?!

* I just read the Andre Aggasi autobiography in 24 hours. If you like the F-word, read this book. However, F-words aside, interesting story. I had a big poster of Andre on my wall during my younger years .... my thoughts of him will never be the same.

Should I keep going?? I've got a million of them floating around this brain of mine ....

4 comments:

Stutz Family said...

Booker - I am so happy that you are leaving insights. This is one of the things I miss the most about seeing you every week! Keep them coming, it really takes my mind off my mundane mommy thoughts!

JoAnna said...

Blocks of velcro. Haha!! That is so good.

You can come to MN. We would LOVE LOVE to have you but talk about depressing. We just might make things worse for you here.

And yes, you should keep going. I love random.

Anna said...

I've totally been non-bloggy lately. But I sure do love your blog. Because you are funny. Here are my random responses. When I moved to Indy I was shocked because I couldn't really make fun of news people any more. It was actually a little sad. So, as bad as they are - they still are good for something.

I suspected the f-bomb thing about Aggasi's autobiography. I once lived in a world when I thought the f-bomb wasn't dropped by people like Michael J. Fox. When I read his autobiography, I figured that was the way the world does it. It seems only natural Andre would do it too.

Kristy said...

Randomness is the best, keep it coming. Velcro feet = massive foot file to be kept in shower & olive oil. Olive oil is the new cure all!