In the last two weeks I have had blog visitors from Brazil, Tunisia, Italy, Ukraine, Romania, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Finland--some of these more than once and all have spent at least 30 seconds looking at my blog.
I have visitors from all over the great United States.
I average 42 visits a day.
This week I have had 163 visits.
Today alone, 24.
Here is the important part to this -- I may think I am cool but I KNOW I am not THAT cool.
This blog doesn't have enough substance to have global friends. I am not popular enough to know anyone outside a 10 mile radius. For every post I do, I'm lucky if I get 3 comments. 24 people have looked at my blog today and I hope to get 3 comments!! So, in the wise words of El Guapo, what I'm basically trying to say is,
"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU????"
I think having a private blog is lame. Oh, I get why people do it but let's face it, blogs get forgotten when they're private. I'm also not sure my dad could figure out how to set up a login ...I'd like to avoid this.
So, let's play a game. If you read this, leave a comment -- give me a little reassurance of who's actually looking at this blog! If we've burned the villages and pruned the hedges together, let's reminisce! If you live in Rome, let's be friends because I'd like to come and visit. If I don't know you, introduce yourself! If you live in South Carolina, do you happen to live near the beach and can we also be friends? If you are Mr. Tunisia and you are have pictures of my kids on your wall, give a shout out so I can delete this blog immediately. If you are stalking my blog because you knew me back when, FESS UP!!
I've played this game before -- back when I felt a little more safe and happy in blog land. My mystery Belgium visitor has me not feeling so safe and happy. Help me out, would ya?
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Going Global
Posted by
Lacey
at
11:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

25 comments:
you know who I am, baby. :)
I'm certainly not from Belgium, Norway, or even Layton. I'm from down the street.
The Three Amigos another great movie we should add to our list for retro movie night.
Lacey - you might not know any of the people in Belgium, but you DO know someone living in exotic Kansas. :) That's...kind of far away. Love your blog - you make my day with your hilariousness.
I'm your psycho friend that likes to leave lame comments. MN, baby!
i've been tempted to play this game as well. i'm none of those exotic IP addresses...just here around town.
Is Herriman foreign enough for you? We joke that when any one comes to visit they should pack a lunch and bring their passport.
Love your blog.
Ohh, I'm so with you girl. I had a weirdo leave me a comment the other day (thank goodness I moderate them first). I'm thinking about going private just for that reason alone.
Just me, and thank you for not going private - it makes it so hard for us lazy people to keep tabs on you
You know me, The Three Amigos brings back fond Xi memories!! Love ya Lace!
Hi Lacey!
I'm a weirdo by association because I'm a Sandberg.. And I live near a beach in So Ca. So let's be friends!
Hey you! I started getting the same thing and made mine private for that reason. I hated to do it but it is nicer knowing who is reading my ramblings! Love ya!
Andrea
I have now taken two hours figuring out how to respond to this comment site...Love Dad
Hi Lace! It's just me. I read your blog...and I love your blog. The global visitors make me nervous, too...that's why I went private. It can just be a little weird. But I hope we can still be friends even though I don't live on a beach across the country (or the world)!
I'm your aunt and I'm local!!!
Me from Guam, u so hotti.
Ok, nevermind. Just me. Thank you for not being lame and going private. It's to much pressure.
It's me your lame friend with a private blog that lives down the street:) You should talk to Heather about the weirdos from abroad. Through sitemeter she found out they were lurking certain pics of her kids, and when she went private, those sickos figured out how to hack in and sitemeter showed them still getting on her blog hovering over her kid pics. That's why her blog is no more... kinda scary so I'm going to stay lame and private, sorry!!
HA HA Booker T. You know who the hell I am.
You know me, Valerie's husband.
Do you allow your blog to be available in Google searches? That is where most of my international hits would come from. You would laugh heartily at how many hits I get from people searching for Dwayne Johnson because of a post I made. Maybe your foreign friends are searching for pictures of Johnny Depp. Because I know your blog has a plenty :)
I read your blog!
Have to admit that I've been seriously considering going private---lame as it is.
Your Blog Stalker Friend from way back when....and lives in a town called Mapleton....who only sees you once a year....but still considers you a friend that so dear! Kari :)
Hey Lacey- I love to read your musings and like to know that someone out there is domestic like me. :) Cami Baylis Cook. BTW your laundry detergent recipe rocks!!! Thanks for posting it.
Hey Lacy! I'm a blog stalker. It's me, Mandy. You know. Me. Mine is private, but I would be happy to grant you priviliges! I love your blog!
Post a Comment